bahrain;s Girl Maryam Yusuf Jamal Won Gold Medal

bahrain;s Girl Maryam Yusuf Jamal Won Gold Medal
Bahraini Maryam Yusuf Jamal retained her world 1500m title at the 12th IAAF World Championships in Berlin after race winner Spaniard Natalia Rodriguez was disqualified for pushing an opponent. Ethiopian born Maryam Yusuf Jamal of Bahrain tells “I am happier this time than I was in Osaka,” says the 24-year-old who was awarded the title following the disqualification of Spain’s Natalia Rodriguez. “What the Spanish girl did was wrong and it is right that she was disqualified. “The race was not difficult before then, although there was a lot of pushing,” says Jamal. “But when the Spanish girl pushed Gelete that threw me off. In the end it was all right but I am very disappointed that Gelete fell behind because I am certain she would have taken a medal.”

No comments:

Post a Comment